Royal Birkdale Golf Club
The Open Championship will be held at the Royal Birkdale Golf Club in Southport, England, in 2017. Taking place from 20th to 23rd July, it promises to be wonderful occasion as it will the tenth time that the major has been held at this venue.
Birkdale first hosted The Open in 1954 when Peter Thomas won the title, while Padraig Harrington won his second Open title most recently in 2008.
Royal Birkdale Past Winners
Here is a list of the past winners of the British Open when it has been held at the Royal Birkdale Golf Club:
The venue was founded as Birkdale Golf Club in 1889 before it was awarded 'Royal' status in 1951. The course in Southport went on to host The Open for the first time in 1954 and it has since hosted the Ryder Cup twice, in 1965 and 1969.
Check out our hole-by-hole guide to Royal Birkdale.
Latest Golf News
- Patrick Reed Offers Value In The Top Ryder Cup Points Scorer Betting
- Justin Rose Is The Best Bet To Be Top European At The Ryder Cup
- Jordan Spieth Tipped To Be Top American In 2016 Ryder Cup At Hazeltine
- 2016 Ryder Cup Betting Preview USA Are Odds On To End Europes Recent Dominance
- USA Pick Ryan Moore The One To Back In Ryder Cup Top Debutant Market